By Curt Doolittle, from Propertarianism.com
Just Tell the Truth – They’re Disgusting
—“The Leftist tendency is to conflate the Rightist Disgust response to various things as phobias. In other words, the Left confuses Disgust for Fear.”—
The right is just too well mannered to say:
“Actually it’s because we find your/their ____________ behavior disgusting and revolting because it is a genetic defect, and harmful to the tribe.”
I mean. Why can’t we just say that?
“You know, We don’t like dogs dragging their anuses on the carpet, or ___________ doing ________.”
Genetic defects are disgusting to us. And you’re advocating for genetic defects that are disgusting.
(We have a purity instinct. They don’t.)
Higher Disgust Sensitivity
Conservatives (empiricists) have a higher level of disgust sensitivity. Conservatives are the population’s means of detecting and purging harm – the white blood cells of the social order and polity. Progressives (consumptivists) have low sensitivity to disgust, but high demand for consumption, novelty, experience, and fear of being ‘left behind’.
That does not mean that our disgust sensitivity is always right. It means that we must test whether than harm actually exists by tests of reciprocity.
—”There is a distinction between endocrinological & neurological conservatives, driven mostly by disgust, which tend to be within a SD left of the mean, and market driven (agency) conservatives who recognize cost on longer time-horizons & are able to organize a body law which facilitates the cooperation & trust, necessary for the functioning of enterprise. The former group are right for the wrong reasons & the latter group are right as a matter of agency & incentive.”—Ferdinand Pizarro
We Can’t We Just Tell the Left the Truth?
1) Our civilization has succeeded because it’s been eugenic in every era – right up until the industrial revolution.
2) We find you disgusting.
3) and it’s because you’re unfit.
4) and you are unfit because you lack agency.
5) and you lack agency because you’re still undomesticated.
6) and as undomesticated still an animal.
7) and it isn’t any more complicated than that.
8) We cannot cooperate with you on equal terms any more than we can cooperate with any other animal – you lack the agency.
9) We don’t grant barn animals equality which is why we don’t grant you equality. And we don’t want barn animals in our homes, business, or our commons.
10) This is what we mean when we want to separate from you.
Because you’re disgusting.